Low-Carb Diet, a trend for losing weight by skimming starch
What is the Low-Carb Diet?
Low-Carb, or short for Low Carbohydrate, is a diet choice that limits the amount of carbohydrates or starchy foods, such as rice-starch, grains, starchy vegetables, root crops, taro, potatoes, fruits, and sugar-containing desserts. It will mainly focus on eating protein foods.
Because eating carbohydrate foods (starch) when eaten, the body will digest into sugar. If the body does not use all these sugars, it will be converted to fat and accumulate in the body resulting in obesity. Therefore, when decreasing eating starchy foods, it will cause the body to pull out the fat that accumulates in different parts of the body to be used as energy instead. Make weight loss from burning fat directly. the UFABET report
How should I eat to be classified as a Low-Carb Diet?
We have already known that the Low-Carb diet is eating by reducing the amount of starch and sugar to a low and mainly focusing on protein.
But now I believe that many people would have a question that “How much is it to eat low in starch?” There are many ways to eat in the Low-Carb way, but in this topic we will talk about the most popular way.
limiting or reducing starch intake By taking no more than 40 grams / day , or about 5% of the energy received per day. (Usually people will eat carbohydrates at about 300 grams / day) by starting to adjust the body by reducing the amount of carbohydrates, divided into 4 periods:
- Phase 1: During the first 14 days (2 weeks). The intake of carbohydrates will be reduced to 20 g/day. Focusing on eating more protein from milk. beans, fish and meat. The only carbs you can eat during this period are Chinese cabbage, broccoli, and tomatoes. This is the time when you lose the most and fastest weight.
- The second period is when you can eat more carbohydrates by 5 grams. In the fourth week. You can eat 30-35 grams of carbs per day. Until your weight remains stable and if the weight starts to increase. Reduce the amount of starch, but not less than 5-10 grams/meal.
- Phase 3 is when trying to maintain a stable body weight by eating more carbs by 10 grams/week. But should eat complex carbohydrates such as brown rice, coarse rice, and whole wheat bread.
- Period 4 can eat a variety of foods. But you need to control your daily carbohydrate intake to avoid weight gain.
Is Low-Carb Eating Bad?
- May cause pain – dizziness. weak body Lack of strength and fatigue
- Have problems with excretion due to lack of fiber and the body may lack some vitamins contained in starchy foods. Vegetables and some fruits that reduce the amount of food eaten.
- Prolonged consumption of a low-carb diet can affect electrolyte levels in the blood. Such as low blood potassium levels or acidosis.